Hello friends, as I am getting ready for a weeklong trip to Cali, I decided to share with you all what I usually bring on a trip with me. I’ve never been to Cali, so I’m really stoked for this trip. To be honest, I’ve never been someone who packs light, but I’m slowly learning how to do it.
So without further ado, let’s jump in:
- Passport and Important Travel Documents: This is one of the essentials that you need to have with you at all times. Make sure you keep this in a place where it is easy for you to grab in case you need them. Double check that you have all important travel documents with you before you head out the door.
- The bag: Whether it’s a suitcase, a duffel bag or just a backpack, it is important to take in consideration the length of your travel, and how you’re travelling. For me personally, I love the ease and style of a suitcase. My mom got me a hardcover suitcase last Christmas and I love it. Since I’m going for a week, this suitcase is just perfect.
- Cameras and other gadgets: Bring gadgets that you know for sure that you will be using on the trip. Since I love to document my travels, whether it’s a couple of weeks or just a couple of days, I always have my camera and my phone with me. I usually like to bring my laptop too, depending on the kind of travel I would be doing.
- Daily essentials: My daily essentials for my trips are my toiletries and my makeup bag. I know that hotels provide basic essentials such as shampoo and conditioner. As weird as it sounds, I usually bring my own in a small container. In my makeup bag, I usually just bring the basic ones, especially if I don’t have a special event to go to on my trip. I also like to keep a small first aid kit in my carry on bag.
- Outfits: Be realistic, if you’re going to be away for just a couple of days make sure that you only pack clothes for the length of your stay. I used to over pack wherever I go. But I learned to pack just the basics which you can mix and match for the entire trip. If it will help you, plan your outfits for your entire trip.
I hope you enjoyed this post. I will be doing a post about my trip to Cali as soon as I get back. Until then, feel free to follow me on Instagram as I will be posting photos from my trip.
Are you planning a trip anytime soon, where are you heading? Leave them in the comments below 🙂