I’ve never really done a tag post before, maybe the closest one is the “Liebster Award” if you consider that as one. I wasn’t officially tagged in this one. However, I saw this post online and thought it would be something fun to do that will also help you get to know me a little bit more.
30 BEAUTY QUESTIONS TAG
1.) Do you remember your first makeup item?
– I really can’t remember, but I think the very first makeup item I owned was a lipstick. Someone gave me a lipstick as a gift for Christmas, and it was those “natural” shade where it doesn’t make a difference if I have it on or not. haha.
2.) Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
– To be honest, I don’t use mascara. I am allergic to it, so I try to stay away from them as much as possible.
3.) What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
– I prefer medium to full coverage foundations. I love foundations that are lightweight but gives the best coverage.
4.) Favorite high end brand?
– NARS and MAC are both my faves. Mostly NARS, you definitely get what you pay for.
5.) What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
– There’s quite a few actually. Tarte cosmetics, Chanel, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier. Ohh! I’ve also always wanted to try the Lipstick from Louboutin. (Has anyone tried them yet?)
6.) Favorite drugstore brand?
– It’s really hard to choose, there’s a lot of amazing drugstore brand. But I would say L’oreal and NYX. There’s a wide range of products from both of those brands.
7.) Do you wear fake eyelashes?
– NO, I’ve never really tried it, but I’ve always wanted to give it a try. But I feel like it’s going to be a hassle when I try to use it everyday.
8.) Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
– Concealer! It helps hide some of my imperfections without having full on makeup. I’m not gonna lie, but I can’t really leave the house without at least one makeup product on my face. (I know its bad.)
9.) What is your most cherished beauty product?
– I love my Anastacia Beverly hills contour kit. I also cherish my MAC lippies. Viva Glam II and Captive are both my fave.
10.) How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
– I like to pick up an item here and there. I often list the products that I see on social media that I want to try, and occasionally I like to buy them at once.
11.) Do you have a “beauty budget” or you spend freely?
– I tend to stick to a budget, but often times I just spend way past my budget. (OOPS!) But I try to control myself from spending too much on beauty products.
12.) Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
– I love rewards card! Is it bad that I’m part of Sephora’s VIB rewards. (Is it way too obvious that I spend a lot in sephora? haha) I’ve also wanted to try Ebates for the longest time now, but I just hate online shopping for beauty products. For those of you who don’t know what EBATES is, it is a website that offers cash back whenever you buy something online.
13.) What type of product do you buy the most of?
– Lipsticks probably, I buy a different shade at least once a month.
14.) Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
– Elf, it’s not that I hate it or can’t stand it, but I don’t know if is it just me or do their products really doesn’t work. I’ve tried different products from Elf, but I wasn’t pleased with any of them.
15.) Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
– Not that I am aware of, but I really should start avoiding them.
16.) Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
– Sephora, for high end ones!! Everything you need is right there, what else can you ask for? Haha and Shoppers Drug Mart for a cheaper alternative.
17.) Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
– I have super sensitive skin, I try to stick to my routine as much as possible. I tend to break out easily after starting new products.
18.) Favorite bath and body brand?
– Lush is by far my favorite, their bath bombs are the best.
19.) If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
– Probably NARS, they have amazing products and I don’t break out whenever I use it.
20.) What brand do you think has the best packaging?
– Urban Decay has the best packaging out of all the makeup brands that I know
21.) Which celebrity always has great makeup?
– Ohhh, this is hard a one. I’ve always admired Shay Mitchell’s makeup. And Kylie Jenner too, but I’m not brave enough to try her makeup style. Both of them always have flawless makeup.
22.) Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
– Not right now, but I’m currently looking into some makeup communities, and hopefully be able to join someday.
23.) 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
– Casey Holmes, Desi Perkins, Nicole Guerriero, Christen Dominique and Linda Hallberg!
24.) Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
– No, it’s not something I’ll pick first. I used to own one before, I didn’t end up using it.
25.) Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
– I tend to take my time when putting makeup on, but whenever I’m in a hurry, I tend to be a little clumsy. So I try to just stick to foundation, concealer, powder and lipstick whenever I’m in a rush to prevent any further mess. HAHAH.
26.) Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
– The primer that I use on my entire face is what I usually use on my eyes too.
27.) How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
– All I ever use on my hair everyday is my L’oreal Colour Radiance Shampoo and Conditioner. I wash my hair everyday, I just can’t leave the house without washing it.
28.) What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
– Foundation then concealer. Unless it’s powder foundation, then I use concealer first.
29.) Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
– Although there are a lot of makeup tutorials on Youtube now, I’ve always been wanting to take a makeup class.
30.) What do you love about makeup?
– What I love about makeup. Hmmm. To be honest, I only started getting serious in using makeup when I turned 19. I love that even on days when you don’t feel like yourself, just slap a little bit on your face and it will give you a tad bit of confidence to go through your day. I also love that it can highlight your best features. I’m also fascinated with how it can change your look by simply changing the shade of your lipstick. You can also change your look on how you want it to be on that day, and look like an entirely different person. For me makeup is like an art, it’s a way you can express what you’re feeling on that day.
There you go, hopefully you enjoyed reading my answers to these questions. I would like to tag my good friend, Camille P from Captivating Soul. Feel free to answer them too, and link back to me or leave me the link so I can check out your post too.